+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dog Bone of Guilt

Default Dog Bone of Guilt

My beloved dog, Lucy, is a kleptomaniac. Not for everything. Not in stores. Let me clarify.

In our spare bedroom (read; pit of doom known far and wide as the office) we keep the pet food and a box of treats. The dog's bones are purchased by the 25 pound box since she is a big dog and goes through them quite quickly (plus the ones we toss over the fence for her boyfriend, Rocky, but that's another story). Well, the box remains open for us to grab a bone and give her one (at least) a day.

A few months ago we noticed a half of a dog bone laying on the livingroom floor and didn't think anything of it. A few weeks ago, same thing, only this one was half eaten and left on her bed. Strange... I asked my DH and DD if either of them had given this bone to the dog. Nope. Ooooh, interesting -- she's taken to taking them herself! No kidding! I tossed the half eaten, ill gotten booty to her. She looked so guilty and wouldn't eat it. Finally after some coaxing, she did.

Now, there is a full sized bone in her kennel in the basement. It's been there the better part of this week and I think the guilt is KILLING her! :lol: I told my DH about it and I'm waiting to see just how long it takes her to eat it.

I wonder if dogs can blush under all that fur? :www_MyEmoticons_com__blush:
    Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

Default Re: Dog Bone of Guilt

:lolcoffee: a klepto dog with a conscience??? :lolcoffee:

Rhom will steal treats and eat them right in front of us, to show us, "oh yeah, I'm baaaaad." No guilt. But when he shreds dirty kleenex from the trash and DH calls him over to talk about it, he looks INCREDIBLY guilty -- won't look him in the eye.

"Love cannot be killed or swept aside ... Now fill the world with music , love , and PRIDE. " - Lin-Manuel Miranda

Salam. Shalom. Aloha. Paz. Aman. Heiwa. Sula. Friede. Amniat. Peace.

My klepto dog has no conscience!!

She will steal it right out of your hand and never even show a single bit of remorse! Just ask any of the superwomen that came to visit last summer!

The only time she has ever shown any sign of feeling guilty was when she pulled a plate down off the counter and it shattered and she wasn't sure how to get out of the way... Rather a self-serving guilt there I guess. :
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    Ellen Goodman - American journalist

Ok, the bone in the kennel remains, but we have had a new dog bone nabbing sighting. I noticed a half chowed bone on her bed yesterday. When I offered it to her, she refused to take it. It's rather like scolding a naughty kid. :lol:

She sat in front of me, licking her chops, inching closer, but refused to actually take the contraband bone. DH took her outside and was gonna offer the bone to her 'boyfriend', Rocky, but he gave it to her after some more admonishing. :lolup:
    Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

Telemarketing and tailgating should be made capital offences. [/snarly rant]

Ok, 3rd bone of guilt sighting. It's become quite the fiasco.

+ Reply to Thread