+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Digital Scrapbooking

Default Digital Scrapbooking

I have been taking digital photography classes and have learned allot about taking really good photos (I rarely even use the auto settings anymore!). I have hundreds, maybe even thousands of digital photos that are just sitting in my computer and I know that they will not get printed out to mount in a scrapbook, I just really don't have that kind of time.
    So I am looking into digital scrapbooking. Do any of our superwomen do this? Any good sites or books or other resources that can teach me the basics? I have a very good working knowledge of Photoshop and now have Photoshop Elements 6.
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    Ellen Goodman - American journalist

Everything good is worth waiting for Kimberley's Avatar

Default Re: Digital Scrapbooking

I haven't used this yet but it's the one I'm leaning towards when I'm ready to start digital scrapbooking.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/
    Enough is as good as a feast.
    ~ Mary Poppins

I don't really scrapbook this way. I tend to print off the pics and then write about them and add stickers and such around them. However my spouse has just started scrapping this way and has a pgm she got from Hallmark. IT is a 2 part thing and does cards (which was why she really got it) and scrapbook pages as well. She loves it. I find it a bit constricting. (laugh) Lee

I finally took the plunge and just started working with Photoshop Elements. I have made several pages now and I am very happy with the results. It is easy and I did several pages while watching a movie with the boys over the weekend. I have found quite a bit of usefull information on this site http://www.scrapgirls.com/ as well as a few free downloads from them and I did purchase some of the papers and other stuff from them. I highly reccomend Photoshop Elements. It is very easy to use and also very flexible. I am putting the pages on a disc and taking them to Costco to print out on 12X12 paper.
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    Ellen Goodman - American journalist

+ Reply to Thread