+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Crazy Cat

Yeah, I'm getting to it.. Zippity's Avatar

Default Crazy Cat

So what's the strangest thing that your pet does?

Crash uses the walls in our house to bank his turns. He'll charge down the hallway, leap at the wall where the halls make a "T", and bounce off of it to race in another direction. He'll be sitting calmly, looking out the back door, and he'll leap up a few feet and reverse his direction, and then take off running the other way.

Strange, strange critter.
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh

Default Re: Crazy Cat

haha, your cat sounds very athletic!
    My dog has earned the nickname Mr. Kangaroo Pants because of all the bouncing in place he does when he gets excited/greets someone/wants something. It's all very graceful and arial, he's wafting up, he's floating down, he's wafting up....
    Save

Hmm, only one strange thing aye? Lemme see...

The cat. In the wee hours of night she gets a bug up her butt and decides that random pieces of furniture need to be beat up. Her tail gets all bristled up and she races around with her ears pinned back. Back of the love seat, beat it up. Race through the kitchen, into the spare bedroom/office. Aaarr-woooooo. <insert battle cry here> Back out of the spare room, down the basement stairs. Aaarr-woooooo. Back up the stairs, through the kitchen, over to the couch. Whap whap whap. Aaarr-wooooo. Down the hall, back up the hall, under the dining room table, on the seats of the chairs. Back to the love seat. Aaarr-wooooo. Lather, rinse and repeat. :lol:

The dog. When you want her to leave you alone you tell her to sit, right? Wrong. Sit does nothing. Tell her to go to her kennel and that's when you get results. Sit Lucy. Nada. Tell her to kennel up, she sits. Tell her to kennel up again, she lays down. Tell her a 3rd time, she lays waaaaaaay back. The 4th time is the kicker though. Lucy KENNEL UP! She stops looking at you, averting her gaze to the rest of the room, reserving only a periferal, corner of the eye, type look for you. Don't make eye contact and they won't make me. She's also a weasel. 3 minutes and she will be right back where you said she can't be anyway.
    Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

My two brats, Pumpkin & Comet, have a few funny quirks.

Comet does not appreciate tardiness in meal service. Breakfast is to be served EARLY - say, 5am. If the meal server - Rich - does not voluntarily get up to replenish the bowl, she bites him until he does.

Lately, her favorite toy has been either her new catnip mousie (thanks to Aunt Carol) or her own tail. She walks into the living room, alway to the same spot, and begins chasing the errant tail. So far, it has escaped its punishment.

Pumpkin likes to play fetch. His favorite toy used to be a green foam ball, but now it's a wool dauber for leather dyeing. He brings it to me, sets it down (frequently in my shoe) and waits. Then he meows. "Mrrah! Mrrah!" is his "Let's play!" meow. I throw the toy, and off he goes! He picks it up in his mouth, sometimes rearranging its position with his paw, and brings it back. "Mrrah!" I try to throw it into the cattree or behind something so that he has to hunt for it. This trick has backfired on me, though, as I used to throw toys in the office trash for him to dig out. Now he tips over the trashcan to see if any of his toys are in there!

Well it would have to be

CAT DANCING!

Yup, he's Rufdolph Nureyev with 4 legs..... ok so I'm trying to make the bed, fold laundry on the bed - in fact trying to do just about anything that involves the bed and you get cat dancing! - he jumps up on the bed and crouches back on his hind legs ready to go .... to get him to dance you just move suddenly or throw your arms above his head in the air - then you drop your hands down onto the mattress or just even move about dancing next to the bed yourself ... he jumps up into the air and twists around doing 360 degee turns - he goes up on his hind legs and tries to catch your arms ... he runs around the bed, jumping twisting - literally will throw himself into the air, spin around and land back down and do it all again ..... we call it "Catski Dancin'" in our house and its hard to keep up with him ......

He also does the 1am weenies - where all of a sudden he has a burst of pent up energy that needs to be expelled so he runs from one end of the house to the other, around corners - pelting along at full speed.... his hind legs often go out from under him on the floorboards or in the kitchen but he just skids along and sorts himself out and keeps going .... then he will suddenly stop, sit down and start licking himself as if you've imagined the whole thing!
    I am evil ~~ I acknowledge and embrace that fact!!

We have video (that we are seriously considering submitting to AFV) of my husky trying to dig through my son's mattress. Yep, she jumped up on his bed, turned around a few times like she was looking for a comfy spot, then started furiously digging through the comforter and mattress. No damage done, luckily, but when she is in the mood, she will do this for 5 to 10 minutes at a time!

The cat (15yo) will suddenly decide in the middle of the night that he is lonely. Can he just jump up on the bed and snuggle in? Nooooo, that would be too easy on the folks! He will sit at the bottom of the stairs (where the sound carries oh so well) and howl. Not just meow loudly, this is an "I've been run over by a truck and am now dying" howl.

I have three nuts, oops, I mean dogs and each of them have strange and unusual things they like to do. Oscar, my 12 yr old mini dachshund is quite entertaining because he growl-talks as he pushes his little face against yours wanting attention and love. He sounds vicious but is sweet as a lamb (some people around here would have you think he is answering the voices he hears in his head).
    Maggie, the 6 yr old princess wiener/sausage dog will NOT swim unless her floppy ears are put up in a doggie ear ponytail. She has her mignions help her into the water, and if her ears are touching she shakes her head and won't swim. I actually have to put her ears in a ponytail holder so they won't get wet.
    Lily, the six month old chihuahua/terrier mix, LOOOOOVVEESSS to chase bugs. From the moment her itty bitty paws touch the grass she is on the hunt, her head darting around as she follows ALL of the bugs flying past her head. She leaps, she soars, she runs into trees head first *bonk*
    Who needs television when I've got these goofy things.

+ Reply to Thread