+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Living Healthy in 2012 - November

Yeah, I'm getting to it.. Zippity's Avatar

Default Living Healthy in 2012 - November

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh

I haven't even made the attempt, really, to "live healthy" since my shoulder surgery in April.

I'm paying for that - so many symptoms that I had under control are back. And weight...well. I'm not going there right now. It's bad, but if I eat as I know I ought to, it will right itself. What I'm most concerned about right now is the level of inflammation I have going on - I hurt, and I'd like to get that under control.

The key for me is to eat what I know I need to eat, and for the first few weeks that takes immense focus. Basically, I cannot eat grain or sugar. There are a few other things that I eat more sparingly, but those two items are at the top of the list.

So. Why not now? Let's call this day one. I need to clean out the temptations (I don't think there are many), make some broth, and see about some groceries.
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

- Vincent Van Gogh

Ate more than I should have yesterday, but that's normal for trying to cut back carbs. I'll stay in this state for the next several days - eating more than I ought to and attempting to eliminate as many carbs and as much sugar as I can. It usually gives me a headache and the grouchies.

- Leonardo Da Vinci

- Vincent Van Gogh

+ Reply to Thread