+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blenders ~ Do you have one?

Everything good is worth waiting for Kimberley's Avatar

Default Blenders ~ Do you have one?

I'm thinking about buying a blender. One of my goals is to start eating fruit. I like the tastes of many fruits, but don't really like to eat fruit. I do however love Jamba Juice concoctions. Since I'm also trying to cut spending a daily run to Jamba Juice isn't practical. So if I want them I need to make them at home.

What kind of blender do you have? What do you love about it? What do you hate about it?
    Enough is as good as a feast.
    ~ Mary Poppins

Yeah, I'm getting to it.. Zippity's Avatar

Default Re: Blenders ~ Do you have one?

I spent years hating my blenders. I'd buy a new one and I'd hate it even more than the one I'd given away because doggone it, it was new and it should work....Honestly, I'd never been anything but disappointed in one.

Anyhow, long story of bad blenders short, now I have a Vitamix. We bought it at a travelling show at Costco.

I adore it. Absolutely, by FAR the best blender I have ever had or ever used. (It's the consumer version of what they use at Jamba Juice.) I use it to make smoothies all the time. I use it to make soup. I use it to sneakily add things to smoothies and soup that my kids don't know are there. Even DH, who is usually really reluctant to part with money, thinks this was worth it.

It rocks. The downside: the cost, obviously, and it's loud. But it really works wonderfully.

"I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh

I have a older Hamilton Beach blender. It has a 'mixmaster' blend on it that will ramp the power up and down to be sure all the large pieces get good and crushed up. It has a glass top, a must in my book, unless you like the scuffed up plastic look. It wasn't expensive, around $25-$30. I like it. It has been a good utility blender/daquri mixer.
    Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

I have to second the Vitamix plug! I bought mine for a bit less than they usually cost as my FIL loves to buy all things new and expensive and hten finds out they aren't all that useful to him! LOL I use them for smoothies, making bread crumbs, making baby food, soups, puddings, pretty much any facet of blender life except they are soooo much more powerful. Love it, would hate to live w/out it! Lee

I have an Osterizer which has been good to me for the past 10 years or so. I also have a juicer which we use once in a while because cleaning is a pain. The juice is delicious but doesn't have the fiber that a smoothie would have if it were made in a blender. So, I might get a more powerful blender one of these days.

We have a Cuisinart blender, purchased last year. So far, I am really pleased with it; seems to have plenty of power and has done a good job of everything I've asked it to do.

I am on my third blender (in 34 years), these days it's main job is to make milkshakes or frozen drinks. It came from Walmart and has spent the last 6 months in the utility room on the small appliance overflow shelf.

+ Reply to Thread