+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing my living room

Default Changing my living room

So, the other day, I went out with my aunt Carol, and we decided to look at paints at Lowe's. We came out with a handful of paint sample folders, and big ideas. Later that night, Rich and I went through the folders and picked the colors we liked. The paint was procured, and today was the big paint day.

Here's before:

Here's after:

We're thrilled with our choice!

Yeah, I'm getting to it.. Zippity's Avatar

Default Re: Changing my living room

That looks great! :high5:
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh

Wow! What a great color!! :2up:
    Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

I like it - ya' done good as we say!

WOW That looks fantastic. You have done a fantastic job.

Wow, I love it! That color really draws attention to the art above the keyboard, I had to go back and see if you added it after you painted. Nothing like fresh paint to bring life into a room.

[quote author=Thena link=topic=257.msg2730#msg2730 date=1195635899]
    Wow, I love it! That color really draws attention to the art above the keyboard, I had to go back and see if you added it after you painted. Nothing like fresh paint to bring life into a room.
    [/quote]

thats exactly what I did too! now that picture just pops! and the colour is so lovely and warm .... great choice Trish thats fabulous :2up:
    I am evil ~~ I acknowledge and embrace that fact!!

Thanks, everybody - we are really happy with it! I love what a change you can make with only paint. Well, and a little cleaning. :www_MyEmoticons_com__blush:

I love it. When are you coming to visit? I have a guest room that needs to be painted :shades:.
    Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.
    Ellen Goodman - American journalist

[quote author=gini link=topic=257.msg2743#msg2743 date=1195659142]
    I love it. When are you coming to visit? I have a guest room that needs to be painted :shades:.
    [/quote]

Trish, it's beautiful! We're doing touch up painting this weekend but now I feel inspired to add some color.

Looks fab! I wish K and i could go to a store and decide on a color. It typically involves her bringing home no less than 50 sample cards which she declares we MUST tape up all over the room to be painted. They must be viewed in all forms of lighting so days go by like this. Then she starts removing those she hates, some i dislike etc. Gets it down to 10 or so and decides to check out another store! I kid you not! It took 4 wks of you know what to get a color for our bedroom when we did it a few years back. Even after the sample thing, every day I came home from work it was a different color. It would have been cheaper to PANEL the room! I confess I love the color it wound up . . . but I liked many of the other choices too. I just got to the point where I said "that's lovely dear," as i knew I wasn't gonna see that color again!

Lee

[quote author=Leominster Lee link=topic=257.msg5145#msg5145 date=1198701656]It typically involves her bringing home no less than 50 sample cards which she declares we MUST tape up all over the room to be painted. They must be viewed in all forms of lighting so days go by like this. Then she starts removing those she hates, some i dislike etc.[/quote]

This is exactly how it works in my house too. I must confess, it's my fault. I can't visualize the various colors on my wall, in the store. I will bring home 20-30 paint chips and tape them up. Then I start plucking them off the wall as I hate them. Everything looks so different in bright sunlight, low sunlight, lamp light, etc. The good thing is I'm usually very happy with the final choice. :2up:
    Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits. ~Author Unknown

Lee, I bring home a bunch of paint chips, too, and then decide which I like. In this case, I wanted something that would really show up the entertainment center. I had started with an entirely different idea! Rich & I sat down with the paint chips, discussed which ones we both liked, and which ones ONE of us liked and & the other could live with, and then started comparing them against the entertainment center. Voila! The choice made itself - we agreed on the Vaquero Red.

Now, I have two different colors that I'm considering for the fireplace, 4th wall in the living room, the kitchen, and the hall. They are similar, but I haven't made the final decision yet. This is okay, because I'm not painting until sometime next month.

<raising hand> Count me in on the paint chip thing!!!! How else are you going to know? It's funny, about 99% of the time, dh and I eliminate the same chips and wind up agreeing!

+ Reply to Thread