+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timesaving Thursday--The Gift Closet

Yeah, I'm getting to it.. Zippity's Avatar

Default Timesaving Thursday--The Gift Closet

Link to today's blog: http://www.everydaysuperwoman.com/blog/?p=8

How do you use your gift closet to save time and money?
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh

Default Re: Timesaving Thursday--The Gift Closet

I love the gift closet! When I'm out shopping, I always keep my eye out for good gift items. I can spot a "Clearance" sign a mile away! When I worked outside the house, I frequently regifted those "I didn't know what to get you" Christmas & birthday gifts from coworkers.

My gift stash lives in a couple of different places; if I buy gifts for specific people, I put them in my gift closet with a sticky identifying the recipient.

I also keep gift bags and tissue on hand, usually purchased from the dollar store, or saved from previous gifts. Crinkled tissue makes a really neat looking wrapping paper, by the way. You can also stamp it to jazz it up.

Yeah, I'm getting to it.. Zippity's Avatar

Gads, my gift closet is picked clean!

I'm down to two throws, a candle, some things the kids made (suitable mainly for grandma) and not much else. It is time to restock!!
    "I have been impressed with the urgency of doing. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

"I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart."

- Vincent Van Gogh

I just went through my gift closet recently to update my Cmas gift list - I stash ALL my gifts in there. Mine will be empty come Cmas.

I have to say, I do re-gift. With care and proper thought, but I do. To me, there's nothing wrong with giving someone a gift I received but do not like knowing the new recipient will enjoy it and be able to use it.

Some gifts I just refuse to re-gift and end up donating. Like a lot of what my mil gives me for Cmas. After 20 years of marriage to her son, you would think she would get a clue, lol. I ask for gift cards, but she refuses and ends up giving me a lot of what I would term 'junk'.

What have I forgotten? kermitfan's Avatar

My gift closet really saved my tush a few weeks ago, when Tadpole forgot to let us know about a BDay party she was invited to ...
    We got a call the day of the party from the BDay girl, almost sobbing and asking why Tadpole hadn't RSVP'd. I assured her that Tadpole would be there and hustled into the gift closet to "shop". Crisis averted.
    I did some re-stocking on my Michigan/Tucson trip and some advance shopping for BDays and other occaisions that are coming up :2up:

+ Reply to Thread